The Race Beneath the Sun has been canceled for this year.
The decision was made due to the severity and uncertainty surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic.
The health and safety of the members of our community is of the utmost importance.
Thank you to everyone’s efforts as we work together through this global crisis.
5 Mile run is free for all GBRC members
5 Mile GBRC Non Member age 18 and under- $5.00
5 Mile GBRC Non Member age 19 and up- $15.00
The Kid’s 1/2 mile run is free for all participants
- Start at upper pavilion in Fairhaven Park*
- Leave park at upper connector to Interurban Trail
- Left (west) on Interurban Trail *
- Left on 10th Street*
- Right on Cowgill
- Right on 4th Street
- Right on Trail* (that crosses 6th St*, 8th St*, and behind Bellingham Tennis Club)
- Connect back to Interurban Trail at 10th Street*
- Stay on Interurban Trail until bench above Old Samish
- Turn around at bench
- Right on C. Moore Trail*
- Right at sign to Hoag’s Pond*
- Connect to College Street
- Right on 25th Street to 24th Street*
- Stay on 24th Street to mile 4. (There is a fire hydrant on the left side of road and the entrance to Hoag Pond on the right side of the road)
- Take immediate left off of 24th and cross over Interurban Trail
- Enter the Chuckanut Woods trails*
- Follow signage(and course monitors) on trails back to Fairhaven Park*
- Finish at upper pavilion lawn area
A * in above description indicates that a course volunteer will be at these locations on the course.
This is an open course. We do not stop traffic and all participants are informed of this prior to the start of the race.
Kid’s 1/2 Mile Start: 9:45am (participants should register by 9:30am)
5 Mile Run Start: 10:00am
Awards are 4-deep in each age group. Grand prizes to overall Male and Female finishers. We will also have random drawings (must be present to win).
How to Get There
To reach Fairhaven Park, take exit 250 off I-5, head west on Fairhaven Parkway 1 1/2 mi to 12th St (traffic light). Turn left and stay left at the next light to follow Chuckanut Drive 300 yds to a left turn into Fairhaven Park. Additional parking will be available at Fairhaven Middle School. Please car pool if possible!
Running Shoe Recycling Program
BBay Running and GBRC have joined together to start a program for runners to recycle their old running shoes. So bring all your old running shoes with you to the Race Beneath the Sun and we will take them off your hands and keep them out of our landfills. For more info on this program go to shoe recycling & reuse at bbayrunning.com.
Member, Participant & Attendee Benefit
15% Discount Rate at Oxford Suites Bellingham for GBRC Members, Participants & Attendees of the Race Beneath the Sun.
To access the discount through the Oxford Suites Bellingham website, your members can type “GBRC” in the Promo Code box.
It’s a quick and easy way to make a reservation!
For Info or to Volunteer, Contact:
Alison Allen, Race Director
E-mail: email@example.com, Phone: 360-961-9199