GBRC Lake Samish Runs
Sunday January 7, 2018 – 6.5 mile & 13.1 mile
Welcome to the 42nd Annual Lake Samish Runs. This year’s race will take place on Sunday January 7th, 2018. The 13.1 mile race will start at 10:00 AM & the 6.5 mile race will start at 10:15 AM. Online registration for this event will open Monday, November 6th, 2017 & close January 3rd, 2018 at 11:59 PM, three days before the race. This race is limited to 300 participants. THERE IS NO DAY OF REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT!!!!! This event is chip timed (gun start & chip finish)
PLEASE do not sign up for this race unless you are SURE you will be running it. If you register for this event and do not show, you take a spot away from someone else who may want to take part. We understand there are emergency circumstances, and in this case, please email the race director and let them know so we can give your spot to someone else! Thank you 🙂
Participants will park at the Lake Samish Park & Ride where 2 shuttles will bring participants to the Lake Samish Lodge. Parking for this race is VERY limited so we ask that participants carpool when possible and please arrive at least 45 minutes before your start time.
We will have GBRC Shirts ($15) & Hats ($10) for sale the day of the race, Cash or Check ONLY!
PLEASE NOTE THESE IMPORTANT RACE DETAILS TO REMEMBER:
- We love having WALKERS at this event, but there will be NO early start times for walkers & the course closes after 3 hours. Please plan accordingly
- ABSOLUTELY NO DOGS ARE ALLOWED ON THE RACE COURSE
- Runners who choose to wear headphones during the race MUST leave one ear bud out at all times during the event.
- Online registration for this race will be available Nov. 6, 2017 and until about 3 days before the race.
- We strongly encourage online registration as this race fills fast! We cap this event at 300 runners.
- The 13.1 mile race will start at 10:00AM and 6.5 mile race will start at 10:15AM.
In order to keep our race safe and enjoyable for all participants, we have a few safety requests: If using ipod/phone/other noise makers, please remove one ear bud. Runners with baby joggers must start at the back of the pack, and give wide birth when passing other runners. There are NO Dogs allowed on the course.
- GBRC members: $5.00 (This race is chip-timed. GBRC is now charging a small fee to members for these races due to the number of members signing up for chip-timed races but not showing up on day-of.)
- Half Marathon: $30.00
- 6.5 Mile: $25.00
Prizes for the overall men/women’s winners in each race will be awarded in addition to ribbons for age group winners.
*Note that GBRC is unable to refund registration fees if you are unable to attend the race.
Race chips, bib numbers and apparel purchases will all take place at the Lake Samish Lodge the day of the event. There is NO early packet pick up. The lodge will open at 8:30 day of race.
Due to limited parking at Lake Samish Park, carpooling is strongly advised. All parking spaces at the Lake Samish Lodge are for volunteers. All runners will be directed to park at the Lake Samish Park and Ride and the North Lake Samish Shell Station. Parking officials will greet you once you arrive from the Interstate and will direct you to the designated parking areas. Two shuttles will be picking runners up and bringing them to the Lake Samish Lodge, where runners will pick up their chips and bibs, and begin the race. The Shuttle will not start running until 8:30 and will also start running again after the races around 11:15.
- Water and Gatorade will be provided on the course.
- Yummy post race refreshments and awards in a warm, dry environment!