News Article: North Face Challenge Needs Volunteers
|Greater Bellingham Running Club|
|GBRC Home||Event Calendar||Results||Membership||Contacts|
home > back to news
The North Face is looking to recruit 50-70 volunteers for various roles at The North Face Endurance Challenge on Sat. June 6, 2009.
The Endurance Challenge encourages people to push their personal limits by participating one of the following run lengths: 10 kilometer, half marathon, 50 kilometer or 50-mile trail runs.
Some duties include: setup/break down, working at aid stations, distributing medals and chip timing. A handful of volunteers are also needed a few days prior to the event with registration and packet pickup. Please see more details below.
Volunteer Benefits include: a $25 gift certificate to The North Face, a free The North Face Race Crew T-shirt, a ticket to the post-race meal and Finish Line Festival, entry to win a The North Face gear package, as well as the satisfaction of helping others achieve their endurance goals.
Volunteer at the Packet Pickup location (needed for a few hours Thurs. & Fri. June 4 & 5):
· Issue registered runners race numbers
· Pack and distribute goodie bags
· Distribute race participant shirts
Volunteer at the Start/Finish Line:
· Runners are allowed to bring personal gear drop bags. Race Crew Volunteers are needed to collect bags and bring them to the proper place for Aid Station drops.
· Race Crew Volunteers are needed to set up and distribute Accelerade, water, bagels, coffee and more to runners before start of race and after.
Volunteer on the Course:
· Race Crew Volunteers are needed on course to help hand out refreshments.
· Medically trained Race Crew Volunteers are needed on-course to help with minor injuries at Aid Stations.
· Race Crew Volunteers are needed on course to mark turns, turnaround points, etc.
· Race Crew Volunteers are needed on course at Aid Stations to check individual runners in and out.
Volunteer & Win: Race Crew Appreciation Drawing Details & Restrictions
· Volunteers must be at least 15years of age as of Wednesday, May 6, 2009.
· Volunteers must sign in for designated shift and complete the entire shift.
· Volunteers will receive one entry to the prize drawing for each completed shift (Work 2 shifts, get 2 entries).
· Eligible volunteers are those who work any water station, medical station, or general race crew shift (Packet Pickup, Start/Finish Line, Aid Station, Breakdown, Concert).
For more information or to sign up to volunteer, please e-mail Kelsey Dosen at email@example.com or call (206) 335-4797 no later than 3pm Fri. April 3.